Like exotic wines and cheeses, we get better with age. We gain knowledge, wisdom, and clarity as we grow older. Aging doesn’t mean you have to look, feel, or act “old.” No matter how physically fit or able you are, you can always sport a young mindset and live life to the fullest. We know because we have been offering home care to tons of residents around the Garland, TX, area.
Here are five famous quotes about aging that illustrate how growing old can be the best part of life:
- “To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent – that is to triumph over old age.” -Thomas Bailey Aldrich
Our interpretation: Having a positive mindset is very beneficially in all phases of life. Always look for the positive in things instead of the negative. Happiness is contagious and any amount of kindness can completely transform somebody’s day.
- “Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.” -James A. Baldwin
Our interpretation: Remember when your grandparents told you to “Sit up straight!” or “Wash your hands!”? It turns out they were right. If you listened to them, you likely led a healthy life and likely avoided unnecessary back pain. If you failed to imitate them as a child, you definitely learned from your mistakes and followed their lead as you matured.
- “I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity.
Our interpretation: Being lonely can be considered sad or lonely when you are young, but if you love yourself and what you do; being by yourself is refreshing. When you put yourself first (ahead of other’s expectations) you learn incredible things about who you truly are. [Albert Einstein – Image Source]
- Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young.” -Benjamin Franklin
Our interpretation: If you build meaningful relationships throughout your entire life, aging is merely just a detail. We all pass away one day, so make the most of every interaction and treat people the way you’d like to be treated.
- “Our society must make it right and possible for old people not to fear the young or be deserted by them, for the test of a civilization is the way that it cares for its helpless members.” -Pearl S. Buck
Our interpretation – Young members of society should be willing to care for their elders, the same way their elders once cared for them. That’s why we always make sure to make our members feel valued by attending to their needs and going above and beyond in an attempt to provide happiness during the golden years.
Our home care in Dallas and Plano, TX, takes client satisfaction very seriously. For information on our services, visit http://goldenheartdallas.com today, and if you have any quotes that we missed, share them on our official Facebook page.