Use these tips to protect your senior from recreational water illnesses:
- Be vigilant about checking the pool or other man-made water feature before getting in. Look for a well-maintained area with visible drains and filters throughout the pool. Make sure you can check the inspection records, and that the pool has been inspected recently
- Ensure drains in all man-made water features such as pools are in good condition, clean, and secure
- Check for any young children who are in the water. Make sure they are wearing appropriate swimming diapers rather than conventional diapers, or being unclothed
- Watch for anyone entering the pool who appears to have a rash, open wound, or illness. Remember even chlorine cannot kill all germs
- Be cautious about using water features if the smell of chlorine is very strong. This can indicate the chemicals are in improper balance and can cause irritation and other problems through respiration
- Talk to your parent’s doctor about their risk factors. If they have a particularly compromised immune system, or are ill, the doctor may recommend they do not get in the water
Starting elder care for your aging parent can be a fantastic way to enhance their quality of life, and help them to maintain a fulfilling lifestyle as they age in place. Thee highly personalized services of an elderly home care services provider are specifically tailored to your parent’s individual needs, challenges, and limitations. This care provider will also keep in mind your parent’s personality, preferences, and goals. This creates a care approach that is individualized, respectful, and designed to encourage independence, activity, and health. Some of the services an elderly home care services provider can offer your aging parent includes safe and reliable transportation, medication reminders to keep them compliant, meal preparation, assistance with activities of daily living, personal needs care support, companionship, and more.
IF YOU OR AN AGING LOVED-ONE ARE CONSIDERING ELDER CARE IN IRVING, TX, PLEASE CONTACT THE CARING STAFF AT GOLDEN HEART SENIOR CARE TODAY. CALL (214) 272-2188.